Friday, March 5, 2010

A Marquis I'd love to call my own

Hmm, I'm on a big jewelry kick of late.

There are many reasons why I love all the various designer discount sites such as Gilt.com, Ruelala.com, etc., but the biggest reason is that every now and then I get introduced to a designer or label that I was unaware of. Billion Dollar Babes today started a sale on Marquis & Camus jewelry and I'm in love - especially with the military inspired necklaces!!

So gorgeous. If I ever inherit my grandfather's Purple Heart and Croix de Guerre medals I might actually consider transforming them into a similar design; but maybe first I should try hitting up some Philly antiques, vintage, or thrift shops to see if I can find some suitable items to work with first. Marquis & Camus also have more girly, flirty necklace designs like the ones I see all the time in Anthropologie:
Most of their current collection includes fabric florals, but I think that the one with the little pink bows is way cuter and something that, if I had all the money in the world, I would buy for my niece. She may only be 2 but she's becoming quite the little fashionista; clearly taking after her way cool aunt. Plus, she's currently going through a pink girly phase and I've gotta take advantage of it before it disappears. Anyway, back on topic:
I also discovered that they make purses and these two really stood out. The cameo style decoration on the left one is beautiful and I think only one of two that's listed on their website. Some of their bags are a little too over the top for my taste, given the style of bag they favor.
This necklace is really fun - its one of the many items in the BDB sale, but its $278 price tag (originally $795) is way more than I'm willing and able to spend on a single item. Its a different interpretation of the menswear as womenswear trend, and god knows I probably can't pull off a bowtie anyway so this would be the closest I'd ever get. The red plaid is my favorite, but they have three other colors as well.
And who doesn't love Dominos?

No comments:

Post a Comment