Friday, March 5, 2010

Alice in Glittering Wonderland

I'm seriously obsessed with some of Tom Binns' jewelry designs inspired by the new Tim Burton Alice in Wonderland movie. I'll be the first to admit that shiny, sparkly things grab my attention and I love love LOVE jewelry, especially statement pieces.
Multi-layered Queen of Hearts Necklace ($176)

The bigger, badder, more outrageous designs are just freaking awesome, and I love how unique they are. You can't find those designs at just any jewelry store. The necklace above is the one piece that I keep thinking to myself, "I have to have it!" Definitely one of the more outrageous designs, but thankfully a lot of the pieces are pretty user friendly, ie you can really wear them anywhere.
 These 'Thorny Hearts" earrings are edgy-cute ($66), but probably the best pieces for anyone are the charm bracelets. I love the concept of charm bracelets - buying new charms and adding them to a chain, customizing your piece with charms that speak to your personality and interests - but it takes awhile to accumulate enough to have the same 'wow' factor that these ones have:

So pretty and girly - this is what I always wished my charm bracelet could look like (sadly, I think I have a total of 8 charms on mine, and that's a generous estimate). Of course, even if the jewelry pieces aren't quite your style, this keychain is also pretty awesome:

I'm not about to trade in my current Coach keychain for it, but if I was in the market for a keychain I would pick this one - well, except that I have more keys on my ring than the number of charms on this guy, so I'd be jingling up a storm. Still really cute, though.
BTW, my friends who went to a midnight screening of the movie loved it - and the use of 3D. I'll have to wait and see until next weekend when I have a date with my friend during a short visit to NYC. So excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment