Friday, March 12, 2010

Do kittens like electronic hamsters?


Today, I stopped by my local CVS for a few items and while browsing (I love looking at all the random crap that pharmacies have) I stumbled upon an entire shelf full of Zhu zhu pets! Remember those? The weird little electronic hamster toys that kids went ga-ga over because they're apparently so cute, parents went ga-ga over because they were the perfect recession-friendly holiday toy for their kids, and then subsequently the media went ga-ga over first because it was selling out instantly and then later because it might be made with cancerous materials or whatever. I'm still alive and healthy and god only knows what my childhood toys were made out of.

Anyways, I grabbed one - just one, they had four different Zhu zhu pets on the shelves, the box said something about having 'distinct personalities' so I went with this little brown guy named Scoodles since it sounded like he liked to move. I figured either I would love it, or my two kitties would love it, and either situation was awesome since my super-human, way too intelligent kittens easily tire of toys once they figure them out and are currently in desperate need of amusement. And I need them to be amused so that I can get work done at home.

The verdict? I kind of really do love little Scoodles (and totally a name I would give an adorable hamster). He has a high-pitched adorable 'voice' and scurries around the floor, randomly spinning and changing directions. I want to buy the other ones too, but I don't know how my boyfriend would feel. The look he gave me when I showed Scoodles to him was...well...anyways, not sure yet how the kittens feel since the novelty factor has yet to wear off. They're still tentatively curious, but slightly freaked out when it decides to run in their direction. We'll have to wait and see before it gets relegated to the 'seen it, done that' pile of gifts. I always spoil them. But how can you say no to these faces?

No comments:

Post a Comment