Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I just can't help myself

Jil Sander, via NYTimes.com

You know you have a problem when other people can recognize it. Take for example my boyfriend who, upon noticing me playing around with images of shoes from runway shows in Photoshop, exclaimed, "Wow, those are amazing, when did you get them?" Of course, he comforted me as I bemoaned the fact that while I have at least 4x as many shoes as he has (probably more, actually), I do not and cannot easily own most shoes that I see. These Jil Sander shoes epitomize my dilemma: 1) I can't afford them 2) I probably can't easily wear them 3) They're so beautiful, I don't even want to just own them to wear them (which I desperately, desperately want to do). I want to own them so that I can hold them, and look closely at them, and place them on my non-existent mantle as the pieces of art they are so that everyone who came into my home would see them and exclaim, "Those are beautiful, where did you find them?"

No comments:

Post a Comment