Tuesday, March 2, 2010

An Introduction, Of Sorts...

I never know how to start off a blog - is there even a proper way to? People blog on so many different topics, or no one real topic at all, that a beginning post seems mote. After a while, no one will see this nor particularly care to go all the way back to find it so I guess I can just say whatever I want. Except I can't decide what to write.

So here's a brief (or as brief as I can make it) introduction to moi:

I am a born and bred New Yorker, from the Upper East Side (UES) of the island of Manhattan. I went to one of the all-girls private schools that Gossip Girl has now made infamous for 13 years, or at this point almost half of my life. Eek. College took me upstate, but close enough that I regularly visited home, but upon graduation I did the unthinkable - I didn't move back home. I moved to Philadelphia to live with my boyfriend (and refused to audition for MTV's Real Life when they posted on Craigslist.com. The topic? "I relocated for love." No pay. I refuse to have my 15 minutes of fame occur 1) on MTV 2) about my private life and 3) to only occur for 15 minutes. Its either no fame or all the way for this little lady!).

So here I am, discovering life and who I am while trying to keep alive my deepest interests: art in all its related forms. I love art. Truly, madly and deeply. It clings to my heart and refuses to let go, and that's fine by me. Be it the fine arts, fashion, culinary arts, music, poetry and prose, when I find something that I like I become obsessed. This blog will be an outlet for my obsessions.

No comments:

Post a Comment