Monday, March 15, 2010

Momma's got a new toy

...and its not of the vibrating kind ;)
photo via http://pective.com

I almost forgot that my trip to NYC was not only to check in on Dad post-knee surgery but also to pick up my brand new, gloriously beautiful Nikon D90! Gotta love eBay - I managed to snag this digital baby in a package deal that a bunch of eBay stores offer. Not only did I get the camera with its lens, but also like 5 additional lenses, lens filters, two carrying cases (hard and soft), two tripods (large and small), an external flash, a 16GB SD card, a lens cleaning kit, and probably two or three other small items that I can't remember and don't feel like opening the case to look. Its a lot of stuff, more than the average person needs - but I'm not average :P Better yet - I paid less than the retail price for JUST THE CAMERA on all of that stuff. I'm still glowing with a sense of conquest.

This means better photos, and hopefully an exponential increase in my own photography! Once the weather is nice this week I'll have to take it for an outdoor test drive. I already got a first try when my niece came to NYC for a surprise visit (yay!). Even she wanted to try taking pictures with the new Nikon, and I couldn't refuse. Two years old and she already has the creative gene in the family.

Follow my blog with bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment